Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sunday Sum-up.

So I'm sorry for being late on this one. I've been really pushing things to get a tree business going this summer. For those of you who don't know about my tree climbing fetish, it would take time to catch you up... so... anyway. Just a few thoughts from this past Sunday.

-We invest in what we value, and we value what we invest in.
-Try writing down your regular weekly schedule... not what you want it to be, but what it actually is.
-Where do you spend most of your time?
-What comes in second and third?
-Determine what you do because you have to do it... AKA work for some of us.
-I love my work, so I have to pace myself with it.
-Determine why you spend time doing what you do and if you should spend as much time with those things.
-What should you be spending more time doing?
-Jesus invested in us through the cross because He highly values us.
-He paid the ultimate price because He loves us ultimately.
-I really do believe that if more people could honestly evaluate their priorities through the simple exercise of actually writing down where they spend their time. Marriages and families would be saved.
-Notice that I didn't say businesses and bank accounts would be saved.
-Dude, half of all marriages end in divorce.
-Church people don't have any better statistics.
-I wonder where the Devil has a strong hold on us?...
-Umm, Marriages maybe... Just a thought
-How fast can an affair happen?...
-Faster than any of us can conceive...
-The bible tells us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, so in other words "Be afraid of God". So if we should fear someone as good as God, shouldn't we fear the possibility of infidelity?... I think that we have got to be afraid, because fear will keep our guard up.
-Always be on guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment