Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Egos

"while knowledge makes us feel important, It is love that strengthens the church." this is a translation of 1 Cor. 8:1 NLT. When I read this it really seemed to scream at me, "see, this is what I am doing right now." The Church has too many egos. There are far too many people and pastors who love to feel important. Why do we love to show off our knowlege? Because it makes us feel good... US... Not Jesus, us... I just wonder what would happen to the kingdom if people made a shift from showing off their knowledge to showing off their love and passion for Christ. I hope to never preach with the desire to make people say "man, that dude is smart." after people hear me preach I hope that they say "man, that guy is broken hearted over lost people and the current condition of the church." I think that it is high time that we admit that we are the church, and our egos are way too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment