Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jesus, the traveler Part 2

Continuing from the last post...God doesn't desire that we cut ourselves off from the world, but He does want us to give Him priority over everything else. Jesus' humble life only re-enforces what He constantly taught in scripture... Man cannot serve both God and money. Let's look at the American church for instance. I think that America is one of the most difficult places for God to work. Why?... Because we have so many other things that take our attention and allegiance. The Church in China is flourishing. Why? Because Christ is all that they have to cling to. We are so blessed to live in a nation where we are free to worship and I love this Nation with all my heart. That's why I am so passionate about church planting. I truly believe that we have got to plant churches to reach this Nation for Christ. Has God called me to live such an uninhibited life as Christ did? I hope not, because if He has then I've missed my call. I have in my possession on this earth more than I think Christ ever had, most all of us do, and yet, we are not nearly as effective at spreading the gospel. Should we all sell everything that we have and start traveling around, preaching wherever we can find? I doubt that He is calling all of us to do that...but I do know that if we ever did do that, we'd be called freaks... Just makes me wonder how long it would take us to crucify Christ if he were preaching today... my guess is that it would not take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment