Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Curt...what exactly are you doing?

Even after all this time in Bluffton I still get questions about what I am doing exactly in Bluffton. I don't mind the questions, I actually appreciate them, but here is a little info that may help. I am currently interning at a new church plant in Bluffton, SC. The name of the church is Crosspoint Bluffton and my official title is Interim Youth Minister. Crosspoint has not officially launched yet, so they don't have any regular worship services on Sunday mornings. My main goal by the end of the summer is to try to build a base of students for the actual Youth Minister when he/she arrives later this year. There is only one student in the current student ministry of Crosspoint Bluffton, so my goal is to simply go out into the community and form relationships with teens that I have never met and eventually grow that into some form of bible study. As simple as this may sound, it is just about the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. I am learning so many lessons and I am excited about the potential of this summer. It is true that I get to spend some time at the beach having fun, but I also spend a lot of time building relationships on many other fronts beyond teenagers. I'm currently building relationships with people in my neighborhood, the local business owners and managers, the church staff of Crosspoint, the staff of other churches in the area, and I am also leading Oasis back home and am in constant communication with several mentors and with the state convention. Not to mention that I have a wife and three kids, and I'm so glad that God has provided the opportunity for them to be down here with me. I'm taking notes on everything that I see, and preparing for more formal training in August. I am also trying to find time to communicate with people about the possibility of partnering with Oasis Church to help pay my salary. These are just a few of the things that I have going on right now and I hope that it sheds a little light on what exactly I am doing in Bluffton and with Oasis too. For the Core team. Continue to strive to walk closer to God in your personal walk. For all those who read this, please be praying for My family and myself and for Oasis church. Thank you all so much for all that you do. For the next few blogs I would love to just answer some questions. So if you all could just post comments with questions that you would like to ask me pertaining to anything really, but specifically my internship this summer and Oasis Church, I would love an opportunity to answer them. I'm sure that if you are wondering, then others are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment